The City of Winnipeg is offering a second $1,500 grant to local businesses and not-for-profit organizations that were required to prohibit access to their premises as a result of public health orders. This second round of applications are open until July 31, 2021, on a first come, first serve basis.
Do I Qualify?
To qualify for the grant, the following criteria must be met:
- Eligible organizations include Winnipeg small businesses and not-for-profits that were forced to prohibit access to their premises as a result of the public health orders effective May 9, 2021 and thereafter.
- Applicants must have fewer than 100 employees prior to the later of March 13, 2020 and the date the business opened.
- Organizations must have been engaged in business and its physical premises open for public access immediately prior to the implementation of public health orders on May 9, 2021.
- An eligible small business is eligible to receive one grant for each application intake period. A new application must be submitted for the second application intake.
- Organizations must consent to having their organization disclosed in a public report as a grant recipient and the specific business expenses covered by the funding. In accordance with the City of Winnipeg Charter Act, if the applicant currently has outstanding business taxes owing to the City, any approved grant will first be applied to the outstanding tax balance.
How Do I Apply?
To apply, you must be the owner, partner, director, or authorized representative of the organization. Additional details, and a link to the online application form, can be found at the following link: https://winnipeg.ca/emergWeb/covid-19/economic-support-grant.stm