The Manitoba Bridge Grant provides a $5,000 taxable grant to eligible Manitoba businesses and organizations that are required to fully close their premises to the public as a result of the Manitoba Covid-19 protection orders put into effect as of November 12, 2020.
Companies that were forced to seek alternative ways to provide goods and services online with delivery or curbside pickup options available are still eligible for the grant.
Your Organization is eligible for the grant if you were forced to close your physical location and you meet one of the following definitions:
- Sole Proprietorship
- Non-share corporation
- Not-for-profit organization
- Registered Charity
Qualified organizations must meet the following criteria in order to be eligible for the grant:
- be a permanent, Manitoba-based business or organization physically operating in the Province of Manitoba;
- have been actively operating or conducting business on November 9, 2020;
- operate as a sole proprietorship, partnership, corporation, co-operative, non-share corporation, not-for-profit organization, or registered charity;
- possess an active and valid Business Number as of November 9, 2020;
- be in good standing with the Manitoba Companies Office (not required for sole proprietors and registered charities);
- have been required by Manitoba COVID-19 Prevention Orders in effect as of November 12, 2020 to fully close their premises to the public;
- have an e-mail address and a valid business bank account with a Canadian financial institution.
Applications can be made online at https://forms.gov.mb.ca/bridge-grant/
The application deadline is December 15, 2020.
Please reach out to us if you have any questions about program eligibility or applications.