The Small Business Minimum Wage Adjustment Program provides support to small businesses to help offset the impact of the minimum wage increase on October 1, 2022 from $11.95 per hour to $13.50 per hour.
Eligible employers can claim the wage subsidy of up to 50 cents per hour for each employee, whose wage was less than $13.50 per hour on September 30, 2022 and who is paid at least $13.50 per hour as of October 1, 2022.
This support is available for six months from October 1, 2022 to March 31, 2023.
Who is Eligible?
The program is open to all private sector, non-profit and charitable employers who are operating in the province of Manitoba and meet all of the following criteria:
- Have up to 20 employees that work and are located in Manitoba.
- As of September 30, 2022, an employee was paid between $11.95 and $13.49 per hour.
- As of October 1, 2022, the same employee is being paid at least $13.50 per hour.
- Employers must possess an active and valid Business Number, business bank account, and email address.
- Employers must be registered, and in good standing with the Companies Office (not required for sole proprietors).
How do I apply?
There is an online application at the following link: https://forms.gov.mb.ca/small-business-minimum-wage-adjustment-program/
For more program details and FAQs, check out the official program homepage at https://www.gov.mb.ca/jec/busdev/financial/sbwa/index.html