The Manitoba Sector Support program is designed to assist business that were affected by the restrictions that were released December 17, 2021 and are in effect to February 2022. The deadline to apply for this program is February 28, 2022.
Am I Eligible?
To be eligible, the company must fit into one of the following categories:
- Food service facilities that rely primarily on dine-in services, including those in hotels
- Bars, lounges and similar licensed premises
- Movie theatres
- Concert halls
- Museums and galleries
- Recreation and sport facilities and centres, including gyms
- Caterers – new
- Event rental facilities – new
- Photographers (studio-based or freelance) – new
If I’m eligible, how much can I receive?
The total amount each entity is eligible for Is based on the number of employees the entity had on their last pay period that ended before December 21, 2021. The amounts are distributed in the following fashion:
- $6,000 for businesses with up to 9 employees
- $12,000 for businesses with 10 to 19 employees
- $18,000 for businesses with 20 to 49 employees
- $24,000 for businesses with 50 or more employees
Its important to note that an employee counts whether they work full or part time.
Eligible applicants who applied by January 31 and received a first payment will need to reapply to the program to receive a second payment of an amount equal to the first payment.
Eligible applicants who did not apply by January 31 do not qualify for the entire funding amounts stated above except for event rental facilities, caterers and photographers. These applicants will qualify for the following amounts:
- $3,000 for businesses with up to 9 employees
- $6,000 for businesses with 10 to 19 employees
- $9,000 for businesses with 20 to 49 employees
- $12,000 for businesses with 50 or more employees
How will this be taxed?
This amount will be taxed as income when the year end of the corporation is completed.
How do I apply?
There is an online application at the following link: https://forms.gov.mb.ca/ssp/
You will need to apply before February 28, 2022 to receive this benefit.
For more program details and FAQs, check out the official program homepage at https://www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/programs/issp.html.