On January 12, 2021, the Province announced an expansion and deadline extension to the Manitoba Bridge Grant. Certain sectors that were previously ineligible because they were not required to close under the November health orders are now specifically made eligible under the expanded program. Additionally, the maximum amount available under the grant has been increased to $10,000.
How has the Program Changed?
1. Expanded Eligibility:
Eligibility has been expanded by adding certain exceptions to the previous requirements, including opening the grant up to organizations that were previously ineligible due to inclusion on Schedule A “Business Permitted to Open” of the public health order. The revised eligibility criteria are as follows:
- be a permanent, Manitoba-based business or organization physically operating in the Province of Manitoba;
- have been actively operating or conducting business on November 9, 2020;
- operate as a sole proprietorship, partnership, corporation, co-operative, non-share corporation, not-for-profit organization, or registered charity;
- possess an active and valid Business Number;
- be in good standing with the Manitoba Companies Office (not required for sole proprietors and registered charities);
- have been required by Manitoba COVID-19 Prevention Orders in effect as of November 12, 2020, or any revisions to those Orders, to fully close their premises to the public;
- Community clubs and Community Centres that had their premises ordered closed to the public by the relevant municipality on or after November 12, 2020 to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 are eligible.
- Manitoba hotels, resorts, lodges and outfitters, travel agencies, janitorial services businesses, and owner-operators of a licensed passenger transportation business for individuals are eligible.
- have an e-mail address and a valid business bank account with a Canadian financial institution.
2. Additional $5,000:
New applicants are now eligible for up to $10,000 instead of the original $5,000 maximum. Those who have already received funds at the lower amount in 2020 will receive an equal top-2021 payment without any action required. You should receive an email confirmation once the transaction has been processed. If you have not received your top-up payment by January 15th, please contact the Manitoba Bridge Grant administration office using the contact information in your original approval email.
3. Extended Deadline:
The application deadline has been extended to January 31, 2021 in order to accommodate new applications under the expanded eligibility rules.
How Do I Apply?
Applications can be made online at the following address:
Additional program details can be found at the following address: