The Manitoba government has released a grant targeted at organizations that are offering free at-home programming for Manitobans during this COVID-19 Holiday season. Examples of activities that qualify include cooking classes, fitness programs, at home concerts, home based children’s art programs etc. The Manitoba Safe at Home Grant will provide $3 million in funding to eligible organizations. Each applicant can apply for up to $50,000 per project, an applicant can apply for more than one project, however, the Government of Manitoba has disclosed that priority will be given to first time applicants.
The grant is available immediately and will continue to be available until the funds are completely disbursed.
Does my organization qualify?
Qualifying Organizations include:
- Manitoba municipalities
- First Nations
- Local authorities
- Not-for-Profit entities
- Charitable and for-profit businesses
- Government Agencies
- Post-Secondary institutions
- Individual artists.
The organization must have been operating in Manitoba as of November 1, 2020, or prior to November 1, 2020 if they were asked to close in public health orders.
What Project Qualify?
Eligible projects include:
- new projects that support social inclusion, mental health and physical wellness while staying home;
- expansion or additions to existing projects including the removal of fees or costs to participate;
- equipment or supplies required to deliver a program or project; and
- administration or event costs directly related to program delivery.
Ineligible projects include:
- Projects with restricted or limited public access (by fee, ticket price, membership or other barriers)
- Projects that cannot be delivered by the end of March 2021
- Capital projects and related leasehold improvements
- Core or essential municipal, provincial, federal projects or programs and services that are the responsibility of the municipal, provincial or federal body
- Post-secondary institution projects for academic purposes, or facilities that provide provincially-regulated programs, services or training for accredited programs
- Projects that are linked to the delivery of core education, or health and social services programs, delivered through provincial or federal governments
- Projects delivered by Crown corporations
- Ongoing programs that existed prior to November 1, 2020, unless the proposal is for an expansion or addition as outlined above
- Projects, programs or services outside of Manitoba
- Projects that charge a fee for use or participation
- Religious services or political event
For more information or to apply please click the following link: https://www.safeathomemb.ca/stay-connected/
We encourage you to contact us if you have any questions about program eligibility or applications.